Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Te Tumu Waiora GP Lead
About Te Tumu Waiora
Te Tumu Waiora - te reo for ‘to head towards wellness’ - is a new model of primary mental health and addictions care and support which aims to provide all New Zealanders experiencing mental distress or addictions challenges with access to convenient, high quality, integrated and person-centred care and support.
The model puts mental health and wellbeing at the heart of general practice with Health Improvement Practitioners and Health Coaches working as part of the general practice team, along with a community-based support resource.
What you will be doing
We are looking for a general practitioner to provide primary care leadership and insight to Te Tumu Waiora. This is a fixed-term 0.1 FTE role until 30 June 2023. The main focus of the role will be to:
- Support the onboarding of new general practices considering implementing Te Tumu Waiora
- Support the successful embedding of the model into general practice and the Canterbury Health system more widely
- Identify service improvement opportunities
- Be a member of the Te
Tumu Waiora Sponsor’s Group, which provides governance oversight to the
The role will sit within the Te Tumu Waiora
Programme Team, and will
be contracted through the Canterbury Clinical
What you will bring
- A good understanding of the Te Tumu Waiora model, including the Health Improvement Practitioner, Health Coach and Support Worker roles
- The ability to articulate how the model works, its benefit for patients and practices, and promote the model in the Canterbury health system
- Demonstrated commitment to addressing issues of equity in health and service delivery
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability and experience to work autonomously and as part of the Te Tumu Waiora programme team
- The ability to consider the strategic direction of the programme and provide input at a governance level.
Closing date for applications is 14 August 2022
To discuss the role further, contact Stacy Belser (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For more information please visit: