Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Registered Nurse - Residence Youth Health Service | Tapuhi
Pegasus Health is a
collaborative network with a long history of supporting clinicians in the
primary care environment. Together we seek to improve the health and wellbeing
of our community. Our Primary Health Organisation function enables us to have
an increasingly effective relationship with our community. An exciting
opportunity has arisen to work clinically in our progressive organisation,
within the context of the broader Canterbury health system.
About the Role
Pegasus Health works with Oranga Tamariki
and Whanau to support the delivery of health services to residents of Te Puna
Wai o Tuhinapo and Te Oranga Residences.
We have a position available for a Registered Nurse (RN) to join the Residence Youth Health Service. You will be a member of the nurse-led service
primarily responsible for assessment and support of the health and wellbeing of
each young person in the Residence utilising the concept of Te Whare Tapu Wha.
In this exciting and rewarding role you will liaise with Residence staff and Allied Health providers to provide primary health care services to young people aged 9 to 20 years working Monday to Friday daytime hours.
This is a permanent part time role for 20 hours per week (however an opportunity for hours ranging 20-32)
What you will bring
- RN with a current NZ practising certificate
- minimum of 4 years post registration experience in primary health care, particularly with young people, vulnerable populations and in unique environments
- background working in Justice, Care and Protection facilities or Corrections is desirable but not essential.
- comprehensive health assessment skills
- proven experience in working autonomously
experience in the use of electronic patient management systems, preferably
You will be able to work independently, but with support, both on and off site. You will have highly developed interpersonal and communication skills. You will be a strong team player with the ability to establish networks and with a focus on continuous quality improvement.
What's in it for you
- the opportunity to be part of a successful and passionate team
- extremely active Workplace Wellness scheme
- free medical care after hours and free annual health checks
- We value our strong work-life balance.
date for applications is 12 July 2022.
For further information about Pegasus Health visit: www.pegasus.org.nz.
For information about this role you can speak with Moyra Docherty on 0220142275.