Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Pegasus Health supports many aspects of health and wellbeing in Canterbury. We provide services and support to general practices and community-based health providers to deliver quality health care to patients. We work in partnership with our communities, general practices and other health providers to improve the health and wellbeing of people in our communities, all while aiming to make Canterbury the best place to receive and provide care.
Working with our communities, means being committed to the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and working in a bicultural manner to improve equitable access and outcomes for Māori. We’re committed to improving equitable access and outcomes for Pasifika, CALD, Rainbow and other priority populations. That includes recognizing the importance of diversity and we are committed to providing a safe, inclusive working environment. We want our people to reflect our communities and actively encourage applications from diverse background.
What you will be doing
The Here Toitū Service is a general practice and community-based health service provided by Pegasus Health (Charitable) Ltd in partnership with the Ministry of Social Development (MSD). The Here Toitū Service aims to support clients on a Health Deferred Benefit to return to work by addressing health issues.
The Here Toitū Kaimanaaki will support general practice engagement with this population group. Support will primarily include practical outreach and connecting clients with a variety of health and support services. The role is predominantly about providing support for people to access the right services rather than providing direct clinical treatment.
This is a permanent, full-time position available immediately. We are looking for the right person and will therefore be screening applications as we receive them.
What you will bring
- Relevant health and/or Social Work qualification.
- Previous health and social service experience.
- Knowledge of local mental health services, General Practice capabilities, NGO providers and community support providers.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to support people with complex health and social needs in the community.
- An understanding of the services available across the health and social sectors.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with a wide variety of people.
- A high level of cultural competence and understanding of the Treaty of Waitangi.
- The ability to work autonomously and as part of the wider team.
- Enthusiasm and passion about improving healthcare.
What we offer/What's in it for you
- Supportive, people focused culture
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Range of wellness benefits including a wellness subsidy
- Free after-hours medical care
- Flexible-working opportunities allowing you to maintain a healthy work-life balance
For Further information about Pegasus Health visit: www.pegasus.health.nz .
For information about the role please contact Loni Beach on 022 013 0716 or Loni.Beach@pegasus.health.nz